Man arrested for DWI, conduct after accident




Click image to enlarge

Jeffrey Call

ROCHESTER – Police arrested a Barrington man early Saturday morning after he crashed his car into a telephone pole at 319 Portland St., and left the scene of the accident.

Working with information from witnesses and the Rochester Police K-9, Jeffrey Call, of 50 Province Road, Barrington was arrested after a short search nearby for driving while intoxicated and conduct after an accident.

Call was bailed on $2,000 personal recognizance and is to appear at 8 a.m. on April 7 at the 7th Circuit – Rochester District Court.

Police said that through their investigation they determined that Call’s vehicle left the paved portion of the roadway and struck the telephone pole. The telephone pole snapped in half, blocking a portion of the roadway with wires and entangling the vehicle in wires. The road was shut down during the investigation and for a short period after. The vehicle sustained heavy front end damage and was towed from the scene.

Local emergency personnel responded after the accident was reported at 1:24 a.m.




Click image to enlarge

(Rochester Police Department photos)

Call’s car after reportedly striking and snapping a telephone pole in half, according to Rochester police.

Rochester Police are asking anyone who may have information that could assist with this investigation, to call the department at (603) 330-7128.

Flipped car sends 2 women, child to hospital

0) { %

0) { %

0) { %

ROCHESTER POLICE: On their way to see a crash site, carload of men crashes


Chris Reagle

The Sentinel


Posted Mar. 13, 2014 @ 10:00 am


Pedestrian hit by car on South Avenue – 13WHAM

text size

Updated: Saturday, March 15 2014, 09:34 AM EDT

Rochester, N.Y. – Rochester Police Department officers responded to a car accident involving a pedestrian on South Avenue around 7 p.m. Friday.

According to police, the 24-year-old male driver hit the 68-year-old man walking across the street.

The victim was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital for serious but non-life threatening injuries, police said.

The driver was arrested for driving while intoxicated.

Pedestrian hit by car on South Avenue


ROCHESTER POLICE: On their way to see a crash site, carload of men crashes


Chris Reagle

The Sentinel


Posted Mar. 13, 2014 @ 10:00 am


ROCHESTER POLICE: On their way to see a crash site, carload of men crashes


Chris Reagle

The Sentinel


Posted Mar. 13, 2014 @ 10:00 am


Four dead in Burramboot accident

Police are investigating speed, alcohol and irresponsible behaviour as possible causes of a crash that claimed the lives of four people and left three seriously injured.

  • TRAGEDY: Four people have been killed in a horror smash near Elmore. Photo: JIM ALDERSEY

  • TRAGEDY: Four people have been killed in a horror smash near Elmore. Photo: JIM ALDERSEY

  • TRAGEDY: Four people have been killed in a horror smash near Elmore. Photo: JIM ALDERSEY

UPDATE 9.55am: Police are investigating speed, alcohol and irresponsible behaviour as possible causes of a crash that claimed the lives of four central Victorian men and left three seriously injured. 

An 18-year-old male from Bendigo, a 19-year-old from Elmore, and a 53-year-old and 52-year-old both from Rochester were killed in the collision.

A 21-year-old is fighting for his life at the Alfred Hospital, an 18-year-old is in a stable but serious condition at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and a 28-year-old sustained minor injuries and remains at the Bendigo Hospital. 

The head on collision occurred just before 10pm last night on the Heathcote-Rochester Road, when a Holden Sedan veered off the road and crashed head on with a 4WD travelling in the other direction.

Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill said “excessive speed” had been involved, with witnesses speaking of “hoon behaviour” shortly before the crash. 

“There are allegations that the driver of the Holden and his passenger had been consuming large amounts of alcohol at a nearby campground throughout the day,” he said.

“Just after 9pm they were seen in the nearby vicinity hooning to the extent that local police were called.

“After that point the driver has driven at excessive speeds and lost control of the vehicle. 

“The five people in the other vehicle were going about their business and two of them have now lost their life.”

He said a local farmer working nearby at the time witnessed the crash and pulled the surviving passengers out of the burning wreckage.

“We are just lucky there weren’t more lives lost,” Assistant Commissioner Hill said. 

“The cars went up in smoke and the witness and a fellow worker ran to the site to pull the passengers from the vehicle.”

Assistant Commissioner Hill said it was a completely and utterly avoidable incident. 

“It is an example of young people, alcohol and speed being a recipe for disaster,” he said.

“And that’s what this is – a true disaster. 

“I would say to all parents to go and hug their kids and have the conversation with them about taking responsibility on our roads.”

UPDATE: Four people are dead and three have been taken to hospital with serious injuries following a head on collision at Burramboot near Elmore on Saturday night.

Police are at the scene of the collision that occurred just before 10pm. 

It is believed two vehicles collided head on while travelling on Heathcote-Rochester Road.

An Ambulance Victoria spokesman said that at least one of the cars caught alight almost immediately after impacting.

Investigators can confirm that two occupants of the first car are deceased while three other occupants of the same vehicle have been taken to hospital with serious injuries.

All are believed to be aged in their teens or early 20s.

The two occupants of the second car are also deceased.

Major Collision Investigation Unit is investigating the circumstances surrounding the collision.

The deceased are yet to be formally identified.

More to come. 

EARLIER: THERE have been multiple fatalities in a two-car collision on Saturday night in Burramboot, near Elmore, according to police.

The crash occurred about 9.50pm.

An Ambulance Victoria spokesman said that at least one of the cars caught alight almost immediately after impacting.

He said a man in his 20s was being airlifted to the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne for a critical head injury and a second man in his late teens or early 20s was being airlifted to the Royal Melbourne Hospital for serious abdominal injuries.

A third man was taken to Bendigo Health with abdominal injuries. 

Victoria Police could not confirm the number of fatalities. 

More to come…

Update given in fatal accident

Do you need information about your account? Send an email to onlinesubscriptions@butlereagle.com

Woman died in Route 19 wreck

Do you need information about your account? Send an email to onlinesubscriptions@butlereagle.com

Charges lodged in second Rochester crash in two days

Print this Article
Email this Article

“;
document.getElementById(‘premiumMsg’).innerHTML = contentStr;
document.getElementById(‘premiumMsg’).style.display = “block”;
} else if (userSingleSale == “Reguser”) {
contentStr = “”;
document.getElementById(‘premiumMsg’).innerHTML = contentStr;
document.getElementById(‘premiumMsg’).style.display = “block”;
} else if (userSingleSale == “PREMIUM01″) {
document.getElementById(‘premiumMsg’).style.display = “none”;
}

ROCHESTER — Following a second consecutive car wreck on Neck Road this week, Rochester police charged a Middleboro man with speeding, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, failure to stop for police, and failure to stay in marked lanes.

Joshua Demoranville, 20, of Wareham Street in Middleboro, was clocked at 100 mph before hitting a telephone pole and being ejected from his vehicle Tuesday evening. Two passengers were in the car — one was ejected 175 feet, police said.

Police said the three men were headed to view a crash site a mile away on Neck Road that had happened the night before. In the separate crash, which involved friends of Demoranville, police said two vehicles were racing southbound across the Neck Road causeway and clocked at 77 mph in a 40 mph zone before hitting a tree.

Finding that the driver had fled the scene, officers followed footprints and located a boy and girl, 17 and 14, in a nearby yard.

The boy was placed under arrest and both were taken to Tobey Hospital in Wareham. After being released he was charged with racing a motor vehicle, reckless operation, failure to stop for police, junior operator passenger restriction and leaving the scene of an accident.

The male admitted he was racing but said he did not know the other driver, police said.

“We will be out in force running radar to ensure the safety of other drivers,” warned Rochester Police Chief Paul Magee in a press release. “Race in Rochester and you will lose your license.”

We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.
Not sure how to add your comment? Here’s how

Print this Article
Email this Article