50 Cent is ‘doing fine’ after car crash, released from hospital

Rapper 50 Cent was in a car accident Tuesday morning and was briefly hospitalized, but he is now “doing fine,” according to his spokesman.

As we reported Tuesday, 50 Cent was involved in a car crash on the Long Island Expressway and was taken to a Queens hospital for doctors to run some tests. His SUV had been rear-ended by a Mack truck, according to fan site ThisIs50.com, which also posted photos of the aftermath. A publicist for 50 later confirmed that the site’s details were correct.

The site claimed that the accident nearly caused 50’s SUV to flip over and that the truck driver lost control after the load in his trailer shifted.

A source close to 50 later told XXLmag.com that 50 and his driver were released from the hospital. “He’s fine,” the source said of 50’s condition.

Later, a spokesman released a formal statement to MTV News, confirming that the Get Rich or Die Tryin’ rapper is doing fine.

“Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson was involved in a car accident in New York early Tuesday morning. He was taken to New York Hospital Queens where he was treated for minor neck and back injuries…He was released this morning and is doing fine,” the statement read.

50 Cent’s latest album, 5 (Murder By Numbers) will be released on July 3. He also released a mixtape, The Lost Tape, last month.


Speak Your Mind

*